Powder coating increases the solidness of the products, because it produces a much thicker coating than ordinary liquid coatings; powder coating adheres to the surface without paint runs.
The advantages of powder coating
The products can be collected and used immediately after the powder coating process is completed.
- The work pieces acquire a greater resistance to scratches and hits.
- The work pieces acquire a greater resistance to heat, corrosion (rust), and chemicals.
- The appearance of the products after powder coating is flawless; the coating adheres to the surface without paint runs.
- The lifespan of the product is increased.
- Attractive prices for renovation and restoration of products.
- Powder coating increases the solidness of the products, because it produces a much thicker coating than ordinary liquid coatings; powder coating adheres to the surface without paint runs.
- Powder coatings do not contain dangerous chemicals or solvents that can be found in conventional liquid paints.
The process of powder coating
- The first step involves cleaning and preparing the work pieces by sandblasting, thus ensuring that the surfaces are clean and ready for further use or treatment
- Potential repairsare carried out (welding, grinding).
- If needed we can perform fine sandblasting (with glass beads, sodium bicarbonate or crushed walnut shells) before the powder coat is applied.
- Next we powder coat the work piece.
- The work piece is placed in a furnace that heats it to 180 °C.
- We wait for the product to cool. It can be used immediately after it was treated.
To which items and materials can we apply powder coating?
Powder coating or varnishing is suitable for the renovation or purely decorative modifications of old-timers, parts of vehicles, airplane skeletons, parts of sailboats, machines, aluminium wheel rims, metal wheel rims, aluminium window frames, copper pipes, cars, stainless steel items, bicycles, fences, artworks, medical equipment, truck chassis, excavators or forklifts, as well as smaller work pieces.
Wheel restoration (powder coating and sandblasting of rims) is also available in our online store. There you can check the price list of powder-coated rims. You simply select the dimensions of your metal or aluminum rims, place an order, our delivery service takes them away and returns the restored rims to your address.