Hot dip galvanizing
Hot dip galvanizing has long been considered the most environmentally friendly procedure to prevent corrosion.
What is hot dip galvanizing?
Hot-dip galvanizing is a process that prevents corrosion of steel. Hot dip galvanizing has long been considered the most environmentally friendly procedure to prevent corrosion. Each product first goes through a thoroughdry cleaningprocess that removes all the rust, oils and other impurities that accumulate on the surface. When we finish the cleaning process, the items are ready for zinc application. Steel objects are immersed in a bath of molten zinc, which is heated to 460 ° C. The steel structures are then removed from the bath and allowed to cool. When the cooling process is completed, zinc is metallurgically bonded to the steel and thus offers protection against all external influences.
10 Advantages of hot dip galvanizing
- Long service life (hot dip galvanizing allows easy cleaning of the surface, whichcan add service life to maintenance-free items for more than 50 years).
- Competitive cost of the first galvanizing (if we compare the prices of other protection materials, hot-dip galvanizing is comparable to other prices).
- The lowest cost of long-term protection (low initial costs and long protection life means the most versatile and affordable steel protection solution).
- Reliability (the process is fairly simple, straightforward and easy to control. Hot-dip galvanizing is one of the few coatings that has fully defined ISO 1461 application standards).
- Immediate use of materials (protected materials can be used within a few hours after the procedure).
- The most resistant coatingto mechanical damage (hot dip galvanizing is the process of adding a zinc coating to steel materials, which, due to chemical bonding to steel, provides maximum resistance to mechanical damage during use, transport, storage, ().
- Perfect covering (because the hot-dip galvanizing process is carried out by immersing the structures in hot-dip zinc, it means that all parts are coated with a protective layer of zinc).
- Protection(the coating gives a long and predictable lifespan to objects, when the coating is damaged by drilling, cutting, the coating protects all other undamaged part from the spread of rust.
- Ease of checking the quality of the coating (due to the nature of the application process, the coating can be easily checked with an electronic probe).
- Faster use, construction (due to the nature of the hot dip galvanizing process, the steel is ready for use within a few hours after application of the coating. Therefore, such protection speeds up the process of construction and use of materials).
We lose 4% of world GDP annually just due to corrosion of materials
According to the latest research, it is estimated that 4% of world GDP is lost annually due to corrosion. Therefore, the life cycle cost of building materials should be one of the key guidelines in many modern construction projects. In addition, sustainable development is becoming extremely important in the choice of materials. Not only because of the regulations, but also because of the conscious and ethical decisions that the facilities built and the materials used are selected on the basis of sound consideration and the pursuit of sustainable development.
Environmental benefits of hot dip galvanizing
Hot dip galvanizing (hot dip galvanizing) has long been considered the most environmentally friendly procedure to prevent corrosion. Electroplating produces minimal waste, all residues remain in the bath for further use. Due to the chemical properties of zinc, which can be recycled indefinitely without losing physical or chemical properties. Already galvanized products, the zinc layer can be removed and reused.
Main features of hot dip galvanizing:
Durability– permanently bonded coating
Hygiene – easy to clean the surface
Long service life – up to 50 years and more without maintenance
Economy– the lowest total cost compared to other protective coatings
Hot dip galvanizing price
The price of hot dip galvanizing depends on the size of the structure. Compared to other corrosion protection, we assure you that this is one of the most affordable and long-term protections for steel structures. For all questions regarding the hot-dip galvanizing procedure or the hot-dip galvanizing price list, we are available at email@example.com or at the telephone number 041 637 825.