Sandblasting and powder coating of aluminium and metal wheel rims
Sandblasting of metal and aluminium wheel rims is carried out in a blasting cabinet. It is important to choose an appropriate blasting agent for this procedure; we use a special mix of glass beads. When the wheel rim has been sandblasted, we powder coat it. Metal wheel rims are first coated with a primer metal paint. Customers can choose the final colour they desire.
Sandblasting in a blasting chamber using steel chips, corundum, glass beads, sodium bicarbonate or crushed walnut shells
We use various blasting agents. Owing to more than 40 years of experience we can offer you help and advice when choosing a suitable blasting agent. Wheel rim sandblasting in the blasting cabinet is performed with steel chips, corundum, glass beads, sodium bicarbonate, and crushed walnut shells as abrasive agents.
Wheel rim sandblasting with steel chips and corundum is carried out in a blasting cabinet measuring 6m x 4m x 12m; sandblasting using glass beads, crushed walnut shells or sodium bicarbonate is performed in a blasting cabinet measuring 3,5m x 3,5m x 10m.
Metal powder coating
Using an electrostatic paint gun we apply paint in the form of a very fine dust to the wheel rim. When the paint is applied, the wheel rim is placed in a special furnace that heats the wheel rims to 180°C, and causes the coat of paint to dry and harden.
Restoration of metal and aluminium wheel rims
- Cleaning and preparing the surface of the wheel rim with sandblasting, ensuring that the surfaces are clean and ready for further treatment (powder coating).
- Potential repairs are carried out (welding, grinding).
- If needed and depending on the type of wheel rim, we can perform fine sandblasting (with glass beads, sodium bicarbonate or crushed walnut shells) before the powder coat is applied.
- Next we powder coat the wheel rim.
- The metal or aluminium wheel rim is placed in a furnace that heats the material to 180 °C.
- We wait for the wheel rim to cool. Upon request we also install the wheel rims. The entire process is completed in one day!
Call us at 041 637 825 and make an appointment.